Sunday, August 17, 2008

The whole idea of a flute choir seems ridiculous to most people. Sometimes it even does to me, but Tracy and I are playing in one. For us, it is fun and challenging. We play in a program of the Music Center called Get Your Chops Back.  This is the second year for us. Interestingly, the program caused me to buy a new flute (our second flute was deemed not repairable) and to take lessons. So there can be benefits for the music business. This year a saxophone group was begun. A guitar group is on-going. 

We will have five practices and then an Open Rehearsal as part of the Music Fest on Grand Avenue September 27. We will be under a tent in front of the Dorothy Chandler. 

Sometimes I amuse myself imaging volunteers in the office of some corporate bigwig trying to convince her/him to donate money for a flute choir.