Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Flute Choir

The Flute Choir performed in public at the LA Music Fest September 28--40 or 50 flutes, piccolos, alto flutes, bass flutes. We played passably, but that isn't the issue. Adults who developed some skill playing a musical instrument in childhood can still have fun playing together. I learned this years ago playing in a community concert band. Actually, we didn't care if we ever gave a concert; we just liked to make music together. Unfortunately, the opportunities for this are rare.

For me, there is extra fun playing in such a group with my children. T and Green Bean played with me in the community band (sax and flute) for several years. And Tracy and I played in the Flute Choir the past two years. And this year I had the extra fun of playing duets with a granddaughter who has been studying the oboe.

No comments: