Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A beginning

Hello to whoever is out there. This a my newest project in communication. I hope this blog will provide us with another means of keeping in touch. I will not guarantee how often I will add to it, but I will write as the spirit moves me, add images of my latest paintings and photos, and anything I find interesting. In general, I will try to convey my little life to my family and interested friends. And I hope that you all/y'all will read it and do something like this yourselves.

To start, here is a photo of my new cat, Sweetie. She is nearly a year old and already has a checkered past. The story I heard is that she had an owner (who obviously socialized her well), but had a stillborn litter and ended up at a vet's. There she was spayed and lived in a cage which wasn't to her nature. She chewed off the fur at the base of her tail. Eventually she found herself at a Petco being adopted by me. She is an entirely satisfactory pet: sits on laps, sleeps on beds, and greets me at the door. She is outgoing and goes to anyone who comes in my house. She doesn't try to go outdoors, a big plus.

No comments: