Thursday, July 17, 2008

http://www.blogger.com/moderate-comment.g?blogID=1949802312486808738

Tracy and I are preparing for the coming anniversary of Dick's death. This is a time when grief revisits big time. As at Christmas, we have decided to be together for mutual support without distractions. We will be in San Luis Obispo staying at the Apple Farm. Linda and I have visited the area twice and found interesting things to see--wineries, quaint museums, an ostrich/emu farm, beaches, and SLO itself. This will be Sunday, 7/27-Wednesday, 7/30. Everyone finds their own way at such times. I hear that that Tim will 'wash his car.'

I expect that this will be the last published reference to my sadness. My new life is progressing well. I am enjoying the newness of it and the possibilities. I am keeping on keeping on, a good Southern expression

2 comments:

TG said...

Congratulations on mastering the blog so quickly!

My report: After a quick field-side call to Tim about the rules of kickball, Mom and I played kickball at a church thing. Episcopalians: Liberal. Rich. Not so athletic.

But I was so bad at kicking they finally just let me have a base. Just like they let the little kids. I did get on base one other time with my own patented dribble- kick to the short stop.

Mom took left field, inexplicably as we know this can be a busy place. I was in right field, where I belong. Whenever a ball came toward Mom, I hauled it over there to try to at least assist since she was surrounded by 6 yeqr olds. But she is a good thrower and was not the one between us who needed help.

I will not post any sad posts,as it should be of course. But I am planning on several more years of un-checked sadness because as we know, Dad liked to carry a grudge. And I guarantee you he is somewhere carrying a big grudge about this one. So I'll assist him on that score. :-) .

Headed to Laguna to mooch off my rich friend's rich parents.

Love to all, t

AndrewDonnaTedKatherine said...

I'm going to a Baltimore Orioles day game on 24 July, Dad's birthday. I thought that he'd appreciate it, although it is the (snort) American League. This is the second outing of my informal social group for work-/stay-at-home dads, Dads Outta the House (DOH).